The new versions of operating systems Apple OS X and iOS 8.3 10.10.3, came loaded with a significant quantity of new emoticons, however one was missing many Star Trek fans would appreciate having in their devices: The Vulcan salute. For this reason is that today we show a kind of tutorial so you get and you add this icon to your collection.
The first thing to consider is that your computer, phone, player or tablet must have the latest available version of iOS and / or OS X, as in previous editions can only see a square with an alien inside (that annoying alien). Then you must copy the image contained in this tweet. Then you can add emoji the Vulcan salute following these steps on your device:
In iOS the procedure is as follows: You must go to Settings> General> Keyboard> Create shortcut and write the word that you want to link the emoticon (eg “Vulcan”) in the “Phrase” box. In “Shortcut” you have to put the Vulcan greeting, press “Save” and you’re done. From now on, whenever you type “Vulcan”, the image will appear as a suggestion in any application that occupies text.
- Copy the emoji this tweet on your iPhone or iPad. You can do this by pressing the icon for several seconds, then select Copy.
- This will not be visible for users of Windows and Android devices.
- Go to the Settings menu on your device.
- Click General, then Keyboards (Keyboards) and then Shortcuts (Shortcuts).
- Touch the + icon.
- Do two touches on section emoji phrases and paste the Vulcan salute you copied earlier.
- Enter the shortcut you want to use (such as “Spock”).
- Touch Save.
Now you can use the emoji the Vulcan greeting on your iPhone or iPad. Go to your posts, enter your shortcut (“Spock”) to display the emoji.
In OS X steps are relatively similar, but the aforementioned website posted a video on his Vimeo account, where you much more graphically show how to perform this action.