Redsn0w the Dev Crew instrument up to date model zero.9.8b2 can used to tethered jailbreak iOS 5 beta three (available yesterday). This version aims to fix a bug found in the third beta iOS that prevented the launching of applications from the App Store. At night, the Dev Team has sought to address this problem and is now done. Note that the iPhone 3G / 4, 3G/4G iPod Touch and an iPad are here concerned.
How to Tethered Jailbreak iOS 3 beta 5 with Redsn0w 0.9.8b2
Handling is the same on Mac or Windows.
1. Download iOS Beta 5 3 developer or through your account via the link above.
2. Open iTunes 10.5 Beta 3 and connect your device.
3. While holding the Shift key (Windows) / Option (Mac), click on "Update" or "Restore" Select your iOS 3 beta 5.
4. Once restored, open Redsn0w 0.9.8b2 .
5. Click "Browse" and select iOS 5.0 Beta 3 previously downloaded and click "Next".
6. Select " Install Cydia ".
7. Put yourself now in DFU mode. Switch off your device and follow the instructions below:
- Press the POWER button for 3 seconds
- While still pressing the power button, hold the HOME button for 10 seconds
- Release the power button, keep pressing the HOME button for 15 seconds
8. Your device is under jailbreak. Upon restart, you will have a jailbroken iOS 5.0 Beta 3 so tethered.
As you have a tethered jailbreak, you will need a computer to restart your machine if it runs out of battery or you turn it off. Here's how to put a paw on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch jailbroken so tethered.
1. Repeat steps # 4 and # 5 of the first part.
2. Uncheck "Install Cydia" and select " Boot Tethered Just Right Now