The Dev-Group tonight bargains an absolutely new model of their unlocking tool: Ultrasn0w stamped 1.2.This new solutiion unencumber for iPhone 3G and 3GS baseband which is greater than 13.05.04 after the release of a new version of PwnageTool for Mac OS X 4.1.3 stamped.
It has been expected but is finally among us the new ultrasn0w 1.2, which is able to release the iPhone 3G and 3GS.
How to: Update iPhone 3GS & 3G to 06.15.00 Baseband for Unlock:
Step 1: Ultrasn0w 1.2 unlocking requires that your phone is jailbroken on 4.1 or firmware 4.2.1 with 06.15.00 baseband. Follow the complete guide posted here to update your iPhone 3GS or 3G baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on iOS 4.1 / 4.2.1.
How to: Unlock iPhone 3GS & 3G on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1:
Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone on any baseband using Ultrasn0w 1.2 from Cydia. To do this:
- Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
- Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on “Sources”:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on“Add Source” to add this repo if you haven’t already.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 1.2” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 3GS or 3G, running iOS 4.2.1 !
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing & educational purposes only. I’m not responsible for any loss of important data or malfunctioning of your iPhone.
Jailbreak iPhone coverage:
- Follow ihelplounge on twitter
- Subscribe to our Feed
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Get your ihelplounge T-shirt