The DevTeam has launched a brand new model of PwnageTool_4.1.3_Unlock_Edition for Mac customers This model of PwnageTool will allow you to upload your iPhone 3G baseband to 6.15 (baseband IPAD)
For 3G iPhone can be restored with iOS iOS 4.1 and 4.2.1. But for the iPhone 3G can only be restored with IOS 4.1. for the IOS version 4.2.1 will have to wait for Redsnow.
- If you’re using Windows, you must wait for the update Redsnow.
- If you have an iPhone 3G (bootrom old) and want to restore to 4.2.1 iOS also hopes the new version of Redsnow to be launched shortly.
- The DevTeam suggests that you might not need to release (unlock) your iPhone will not use this method.
YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.
- There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
- If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
- Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
Follow the instructions posted below to update your iPhone 3GS or 3G to 06.15.00 baseband and jailbreak it on iOS 4.1 /4.2.1.
Step 1: Download iPad 3.2.2 firmware file from here (Required for 06.15.00 baseband).
Step 2: Download the required iOS 4.2.1 or iOS 4.1 firmware file.
Step 3: Download PwnageTool 4.1.3 from here.
Step 4: Start PwnageTool 4.1.3 and point it to iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 firmware file.
Step 5: You will now be prompted to update your baseband to 06.15.00 so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w 1.2.
Step 6: Now point PwnageTool 4.1.3 to iOS 3.2.2 for iPad. PwnageTool will now fetch the exploitable 06.15.00 baseband from 3.2.2 firmware and will replace it the baseband in iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1.
Step 7: Click the next arrow now to allow PwnageTool to create this custom ipsw file for you.
Step 8: Now follow the following steps to enter DFU mode:
- Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
- You device should now be in DFU mode
Step 9: You will now have to restore your iPhone to this custom firmware 4.2.1 / 4.1 file. Start iTunes, click on your device icon from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold left “alt” button (“Shift” button on Windows) on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button.
This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.2.1 / 4.1 file. Select the required custom .ipsw file and click on “Open”.
Step 10: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 4.2.1 / 4.1 on your iPhone 3GS or 3G. Your iOS device screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. After the installation is done, your iPhone will restart automatically and you should now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 3GS or 3G with 06.15.00 baseband.
How to Unlock iPhone 3GS & 3G on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1
Follow the complete step by step guide posted here to unlock your iPhone 3GS and 3G on 06.15.00 baseband, running iOS 4.2.1 or 4.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2.