After Motorola and Google have launched a variant of Google Play Moto G Edition , developers of XDA Developers have released a Rom to turn your Moto G in a version Google Play Edition. This Rom is Beta Phase 5, but is extremely stable so ye can be used as a daily Rom on your Moto G.
It is noteworthy that the Moto G already has the latest version update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat , So if you want to have 100 % KitKat Android 4.4 AOSP , this rom is right for your Moto G, if you want to install it on your device follow these steps below.
Recall that Google offers a pure AOSP Android experience without any interface with the following new features already included .
- New and redesigned navigation bar transparent like the Google Nexus
- The phone application has been enhanced with options like the ability to search dial contacts directly from the keyboard .
- The camera comes with improved focus and exposure , new circular design to the ” Tap to focus ” that can be driven with the finger to enhance focus and exposure for a photograph .
- Only works with models XT1032 and XT1034 .
- Do not do it on DUAL SIM or eCDMA models
- This Rom is coming Rooteada .
- Having Root access and a custom Recovery with Root Moto G
- Having the Bootloader unlocked or released , if it does not you can go to this post where are the steps on how to do | Moto Bootloader Unlock G or go directly to the page from Motorola | Motorola Unlock Bootloader
- Have a minimum 50 % loading on your device
- Steps to Install the Google Edition Rom on Moto G
How to Install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Moto G Google Play Edition
Step 1: Download the Nexus_G + _005.zip Rom
Step 2″ Move the ROM to the device memory
Step 3: Turn off your device and enter fastboot mode by pressing for 3 seconds the power button + volume down button.
Step 4: Then fastboot mode and you should see the bootloader screen of your Android with the following options:
- Normal Powerup
- Console Switch
- BP Tools
Step 5: Scroll to Recovery and select it and confirm with power button.
Step 6: Within the six-Recovery Wipe cache partition do a Wipe data and factory reset
Step 7: Then Go To : Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip > And search and search the zip file Rom Nexus G that moved her memory and flash it . .
Step 8: After finishing the installation of the Rom, proceed to a Wipe cache partition Wipe data and factory reset
Step 9: Already completed return to the main menu and do a Reboot system now .
That’s it. Now your Android phone will reboot , and the first reboot will take some time . After that you can enjoy on your Android AOSP KitKat Moto G.
If you want to have the House and Galley G Stock Moto just download the Motorola Camera.zip file What they transfer to internal memory and flashed the same way as installing the Rom was performed .
If you have trouble with Root, simply download UPDATE – SuperSU – v1.89.zip and moved it to the SD memory and flashed the recovery .