Consistent with&#a hundred and sixty;Boy Genius Report , Apple is about to release a new version of IOS. This update, 4.3.1 stamped, is currently in internal beta and could be released in a week or two.
It would provide an update for the iPhone 3G baseband and iPad, correcting several security vulnerabilities including one that allows the jailbreak of the iPad 2, fixed a bug related to NTLM authentication with websites and applications, and finally a gyroscope issue on the iPad 2.
Here are the changes from iOS 4.3:
● Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
● Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
● Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
● Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
● Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulneratbility
According to BGR’s sources, Apple will push this update within one to two weeks. There is no word on whether this release will also bring Verizon iPhone 4 users on the updated 4.3.x firmware version.
For more coverage on iHelplounge:
- Follow us on twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to our Feed
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel