Later today, the final version of iOS 6 will be made available. Although no official date has been announced, we know from experience that such updates are usually released around 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time. Apple promised earlier to release the new iOS 6 on September 19, two days before the iPhone 5 goes on sale in a select number of countries. You need at least an iPhone 3GS to install for the new Apple operating system. This article shows you how you can already be prepared for the update. You depend on a jailbreak, you can update better yet just omit until the green light is given.
Prior to the update, you can already take the following Steps:
- Make sure you have the update iOS 5.1.1 installed on your device. If not, then you have this morning to do so.
- Update to the latest iTunes to version 10.7, if you have not already. This version of iTunes is required to be on the desktop to sync with iOS 6. You can also wirelessly install iOS 6 (over the air).
- Backup your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- Save your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella (links at the bottom) if you have a jailbroken device. In case you have decided to downgrade, you will be covered
Once the update is available, you can check this by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update. The iPhone will then look for an update. You need to hit the download button and it does the rest.
The opportunity is also great that it did not happen automatically. Millions of people worldwide are trying all at the same time to install iOS 6, so chances are that you have to deal with delays and errors.The only thing in that case we can advise is to be patient and keep trying. Be prepared to wait a few hours before it was successful.
There are a few reasons why you might not want to update to iOS 6 right away:
- You do not want to get rid of Google Maps. From iOS 6, Google Maps will no longer be a part of iOS. Instead, a new Maps application that was created by Apple itself will be available. With the new iOS, some functions such as Street View and public transport information are missing.
- The Youtube app in iOS 6 disappeared. There is a separate YouTube app available in the App Store.
- If you want to keep your jailbreak. In that case, we suggest that you wait until @MuscleNerd or different distinguished jailbreak hackers unlock an replace to the jailbreal instrument.
With a number of hours to head ahead of the replace to iOS 6 to be had, you continue to have time to take into accounts some other subject: do you wish to have your outdated backup full restoration, or do you need to revamp your iPhone? The latter is extra work, however is really helpful in case your iPhone today has change into very gradual and now not so much dissolves utterly reboot.Updating iTunes can result in all kinds of error messages. Steadily it has to do with firewalls and others.
TinyUmbrella 6.zero is to be had for Home windows and Mac.
- TinyUmbrella [Windows] – Obtain
- TinyUmbrella [Mac] – Obtain