The new upcoming iOS 8 also includes Health application , dedicated to health and cloud storage iCloud Drive service. iOS 8 beta 2 (build number 12A4297e) available for iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 4S, iPad mini 1/2, iPad 2/3/4/Air, and player iPod touch 5G.
The update corrects errors of the original version and some changes in the interface and operating system. A detailed list of improvements is below.
All features of iOS 8 beta 2:
- The build number of the new firmware is 12A4297e.
- The update is available for iPhone 5s/5c/5/4S, iPod touch 5G, iPad 2/3/4 and iPad mini.
- Download iOS 8 beta 2 can be in the iOS Dev Center from Software Update.
- To use iOS 8 beta 2 will need iTunes 11.2.2 or later.
- Note: iOS 7 backups can not be restored on iOS 8 devices .
- Together with iOS 8, developers test applications on the new firmware should download the latest version of Xcode.
- To protect against “accidental updates” iOS 8 asks for a device password.
- Along with iOS 8 beta 2 released, a new firmware version for Apple TV is available. It is not compatible with set-top boxes Apple TV 2G, released in 2010.
- Restored sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi.
The iOS 8 beta 2 can officially be downloaded by registered developers in iPhone Developer Standard or Enterprise Program. If you are an authorized developer, download iOS 8 today through iOS Dev Center. Users who installed iOS 8 beta 2 update without developer account, complain of problems with activation devices.