After the announcement of the discharge date of Greenpois0n, iOS jailbreak tool 4.1, has released details that we will enumerate. Bad news for owners of iPhone and iPod Touch earlier generations. Chpwn, member of the Dev-Team tells us that Greenpois0n not jailbreak the latest generation devices, ie the iPhone 4, theiPod Touch 4G, and theiPad. These 3 units have a
processor A4 manufactured by Apple.
Although the exploit affects the new bootROM Shatter, the tool Greenpois0n only compatible with devices with processor A4 / S5L8930
– iPhone 4
– IPod Touch 4G (fourth generation)
– IPad (model Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G)
"Apple TV 2 (second generation) probably!
(No support for iPhone and iPod Touch 2G/3G 3GS/3G)
Greenpois0n is a jailbreak on the type untethered, or cable does not need to reboot, or subject to any restrictions. However, it is not a completely untethered native, is a combination of assisted userland tethered with Comex provided by making a jailbreak that is untethered
Greenpois0n has the ability to Hacktivate the iPhone. This is especially important for those using the iPhone SIM card than the original mobile operator
Unlocking the iPhone
– Unfortunately until now I can not unlock the iPhone baseband 2.10.4 iOS 4 with 4.1, so it is necessary to wait ultrasn0w be updated by Dev-Team.
- Greenpois0n baseband does not retain the iPhone, or create a custom firmware, so the baseband is updated. However, using Greenpois0n to jailbreak your iPhone 4 will activate it and use it as iPod Touch.
– The Dev-Team will soon launch its PwnageTool tool to create a custom 4.1 firmware preserving the releasable 01.59.00 baseban
iPhone Jailbreak coverage:
- Follow ihelplounge on twitter
- Subscribe to our Feed
- Become a Fan on Facebook
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel