Last week, Apple released a beta version of iOS 8.1.1 for developers, which covered the hole, lets you jailbreak using Chinese utilities Pangu. And Mac users are not left without jailbreak developers released Pangu utility compatible with OS X. Pangu is compatible with any iOS-devices running iOS 8.0 – 8.1 firmware, including iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3. Download Pangu on our download page.
Pangu, the well-known team of Chinese hackers that released the jailbreak iOS 8 / 8.1, finally released a version of its tool compatible with Mac OSX operating system. The update comes about a week after the publication of the working version for Windows with self-installing Cydia and translation in English.
Pangu is the first tool for untethered jailbreak compatible with all devices updated to iOS 8.1, including the latest generation. As reported by Jay Freeman, creator of open-cource Cydia, the tool is abbatanza stable potrer be used with confidence. There are still many tweaks that need to be upgraded but their number is increasing day by day.
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3)
iPod touch 5
Before installation is recommended to make a backup of iOS-device. If the latest version of iOS you have installed “on air”, necessarily do a system restore.
How To Jailbreak iOS 8.1 Untethered with Pangu8 for Mac
Everything you do, you do at your own risk. IPhones.ru Administration is not responsible for the availability of devices.
1. Disable the “Find iPhone»: Settings – iCloud – Find MyiPhone – off.
2. Switch the iOS-device in Airplane.
3. Connect your device to iOS-Mac, launch iTunes and backup your device.
4. Download Pangu DMG-image utility to any folder or on the desktop and run.
5. Click Start Jailbreak. The utility will present a list of instructions (3 points), which are recommended to perform before beginning the operation. Choosing Already did (already done).
6. After the installation and reboot the iOS-devaysa Springboard icon will appear on the Pangu and Cydia.
Jailbreak should be successfully installed.