Sadly although, it is a tethered jailbreak, this means that it is important to restart your iPad in a tethered-jailbroken mode on each reboot the usage of tetheredboot utility.
We now have already lined intensive tutorial on how-to jailbreak iOS four.three.1 on iPhone four. The directions for iPad 1G are precisely the identical. That you may practice the directions posted here, with some changes as explained below.
- On Step 1, download iPad1,1_4.3.1_8G4.bundle file and move it to the location as mentioned in the instructions.
- On Step 6, select “iPad” option when PwnageTool prompts to select your device.
- On Step 7, browse for iOS 4.3.1 for iPad.. duh
- On Step 14, use kernelcache.release.k48 and iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu instead ofkernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu
- On Step 15, use the following commands in Terminal:
Tip: Simply drag and drop in Terminal – tetheredboot file, then iBSS file and then kernelcache.release file.
Looking to jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1? Follow the complete step by step instructions posted here to jailbreak iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool.
Looking to jailbreak iPod touch 4G on iOS 4.3.1? Follow the complete step by step instructions posted here to jailbreak iPod touch 4G on iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool.
(Props to DjayB6 for the swift work on iOS four.three.1 jailbreak bundle, and Common Ramdisk Fixer !)