The Dev-Team released its latest version of Redsn0w which is compatible with most operating iDevices iOS version 4.3.5. The steps below will help you jailbreak your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad on iOS 4.3.5 With Redsnow 0.9.8b4
- iPhone 3GS
- GSM iPhone 4
- CDMA iPhone 4
- iPod touch3G / 4G
- iPad 1 / 2
- This is a tethered Jailbreak
- Your iDevice have to be in the iOS version 4.3.5 to run successfully this guide.
- The version must be a clean, newly restored in iTunes or who has never suffered any Jailbreak with any other tool.
- You must have iTunes installed, preferably the latest version.
- If you’re in Windows , you run Redsn0w compatibility mode Windows XP SP2 as Admin.
– Download iTunes 10.4
– Place both in a folder on your desktop
Redsn0w should be opened in the first window and press the button ” Browse “and locate the. ipsw (firmware) you downloaded to your computer.
Already detected specific firmware, Redsn0w give you the news that this is compatible and can proceed to the next window by clicking Next.
iPhone 3GS users will receive a warning asking if your iPhone is MC or non MC. Choose your option.
Select the action to take, here you hare is reference to each of the options.
- Install Cydia: This is the option to dial if you want to do the Jailbreak
- Custom Install Bundle: (Only for Cydia developers)
- Allow boot animation: Allows you to install animated logos for when the computer starts.
- Tethered Boot Just Right Now: To Start your iDevice with Tethered Jaibreak
- Just Enter DFU mode right now Pwned: In order to restore a custom firmware in iTunes necessarily have to inject the code to the bootloader. With this option you do.
Now press the button “Next” only when you are ready as indicated by the display. You must have your iDevice off and connected by USB to Mac / PC.
Already in this part should be following the instructions to put it in DFU. If you have questions about this procedure please see our Guide Put Your iDevice in DFU .
Finally, your computer has been modified, is now a matter of waiting for this to finish installing the jailbreak on your computer.
At the end of the process you must go to step 4 and select the option “Just Boot tethered” your iPod touch , iPhone Jailbreak and you can start to use Cydia. This we must do more to re-start the computer.