You should utilize this bundle with PwnageTool four.2 to create customized jailbroken four.three firmware file on your fourth-era contact.
Just like the jailbreak for iPhone 4 and iPad 1G on iOS 4.3.1, this is a tethered jailbreak, which means you will need to restart your iPod touch in a tethered-jailbroken mode on every reboot using tetheredboot utility.
We have already covered extensive tutorials on how-to jailbreak the iPhone and iPad on iOS 4.3.1. The instructions for both iPod touch 4G and 3G are exactly same as the ones for iPad or iPhone 4. You can follow the instructions posted here, with some changes as explained below to jailbreak your iPod touch on iOS 4.3.1.
- On Step 1, download iPod4,1_4.3.1_8G4.bundle file and move it to the location as mentioned in the instructions.
- On Step 6, select “iPod touch 3G, 4G” option when PwnageTool prompts to select your device.
- On Step 7, browse for iOS 4.3.1 for iPod touch 4G.. duh
- On Step 14, use kernelcache.release.n81 and iBSS.n81ap.RELEASE.dfu instead ofkernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu
- On Step 15, use the following commands in Terminal:
Tip: Simply drag and drop in Terminal – tetheredboot file, then iBSS file and then kernelcache.release file.
Looking to jailbreak iPad 1G on iOS 4.3.1? Follow the complete step by step instructions posted here to jailbreak iPad 1G on iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool.
(Props to DjayB6 for the swift work on iOS four.three.1 jailbreak bundle, and Common Ramdisk Fixer !)