As well as RedSn0w, the Dev-Team has made available an update of another tool to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 with PwnageTool 4.3 . The software is different from RedSn0w. Indeed it can create a custom firmware by adding your Cydia sources, customize the boot image …
The other advantage is the preservation of your old baseband with a désimlockage UltrasnOw . As promised here is a detailed guide for the most novice of you. If you have any questions before you start, please ask!
Download and Requirements:
- Download iOS 4.3.1 for your device by following this link here
- Have the latest version of iTunes from this link
- PwnageTool for Mac
IMPORTANT FOR UNLOCKERS
During this process you can update your baseband to the 06.15 version. If you are on 05.14 or 05.15 or higher you will need to do this to unlock. You do not need to do this for jailbreak only. Please read the following very carefully before deciding whether to do this.
1. There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
2. If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update t
o it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
3. Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
4. There are reports that 06.15 may disable your GPS. The iPhone Dev-Team is currently working on a fix.
Don’t update to 06.15 if you don’t need to! Only do this if you need the unlock and you’re stuck on 05.14 or 05.15, and you're willing to assume the above risks. If your baseband is already unlockable and you are on a lower firmware version then use PwnageTool to update to 4.3.1 without upgrading your baseband.
Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage
Download RedSn0w from here and place it in the Pwnage folder. Likewise, download the latest 4.3.1 firmware from below and place it in the same folder.
4.3.1 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
Extract the RedSn0w zip file into the same folder.
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPhone to the desired firmware open the Pwnage folder on your desktop and launch the redsn0w application from the redsn0w folder we extracted earlier.
RedSn0w will now prepare the jailbreak data
From this window you can select the jailbreak options you would like.
Once this is complete you will be notified that RedSn0w is done. Click the Finish button. When your iPod finishes rebooting (5 minutes or so) it will be jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard.
&#one hundred sixty;