A couple of minutes in the past, the&#a hundred and sixty;Dev Crew&#one hundred sixty;has up to date its tool to jailbreak, RedSn0w, for Home windows and Mac.&#a hundred and sixty;Just right information, the instrument in its model zero.9.6 RC9, is ready to jailbreak Untethered&#one hundred sixty;iOS&#a hundred and sixty;four.three.1&#a hundred and sixty;&#a hundred and sixty;.&#a hundred and sixty;For imaptients, listed below are the set up steps on your jailbroken iDevice.&#one hundred sixty;The process is strictly the identical on Home windows and Mac.&#a hundred and sixty;We bear in mind that the fault does now not use the iPad 2G.
Obtain and Necessities:
- Obtain&#a hundred and sixty;iOS four.three.1&#one hundred sixty;to your software with the aid of following this hyperlink&#a hundred and sixty;here
- Have the latest version of iTunes from this link
- Redsn0w RC9 0.9.6 for Windows or Mac
Redsn0w RC9 0.9.6 supports:
- iPhone 3G iOS 4.3/4.3.1
- iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1
- iPod 3G
- iPod 4G
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2G
IMPORTANT FOR UNLOCKERS
During this process you can update your baseband to the 06.15 version. If you are on 05.14 or 05.15 or higher you will need to do this to unlock. You do not need to do this for jailbreak only. Please read the following very carefully before deciding whether to do this.
1. There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
2. If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
3. Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
4. There are reports that 06.15 may disable yo
ur GPS. The iPhone Dev-Team is currently working on a fix.
Don’t update to 06.15 if you don’t need to! Only do this if you need the unlock and you’re stuck on 05.14 or 05.15, and you're willing to assume the above risks. If your baseband is already unlockable and you are on a lower firmware version then use PwnageTool to update to 4.3.1 without upgrading your baseband.
Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage
Download RedSn0w from here and place it in the Pwnage folder. Likewise, download the latest 4.3.1 firmware from below and place it in the same folder.
4.3.1 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down Shift and click the Restorebutton. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPhone to the desired firmware open the Pwnage folder on your desktop and launch the redsn0w application from the redsn0w folder we extracted earlier.
Verbose boot displays detailed information on boot of your device and is generally only needed by developers and advanced users.
Make sure Cydia is selected. For this tutorial we will also select Custom boot logo and Custom recovery logo.
When you click to select each custom logo option a dialog window will appear asking you to select the image. Locate the image you would like to use then press the Open button.
*Remember the rules for boot logos are: RGB or Grayscale format with Alpha channel and dimension below 320×480.
Once this is complete you will be notified that RedSn0w is done. Click the Finish button. When your iPhone finishes rebooting (5 minutes or so) it will be jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard.
For more coverage on iHelplounge:
- Follow us on twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to our Feed
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel