Manufacturers started pushing Android 5.0 Lollipop update to its main devices and as expected, Google has not been slow to offer the new version of its operating system to Nexus devices. Obviously not talking about a beta or test version, but the final version that brings all Material Design changes and new applications of Google.
During last night the Mountain View released the update OTA (Over The Air) Android Lollipop for smartphones and tablet Nexus, but of course, it has not yet reached all company devices, such processes done in stages, so not every Nexus 5, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 will be notified alike. Moreover, the new Nexus and Nexus 6 9 which unfortunately still not available in our country will also receive an update that will introduce some improvements over the commercial release accompanying the release.
Do not wait any longer and install Android 5.0 now on your Nexus Lollipop
And if we do not want to wait any longer? Well thanks to Google we can download and operating system images and install them on our devices through this link. Of course, this method will lose all the information we have on him. To do this we must:
- Download and unzip the image corresponding to our Nexus Factory and copy to the directory you have installed the Android SDK on your computer, Android SDK / platform-tools
- In the Nexus, go to Settings> Developer options. Activate them if they are disabled in the upper right corner, and then activate USB Debugging.
- Nexus Turns and starts in bootloader mode by pressing the up and down volume and power button.
- When the menu loads, plug the Nexus to your computer.
- On your computer, run the command window in Windows called Terminal.
- In the command window type “flash-all.bat” without quotes if your computer is a Windows.
Since this is a fairly complicated process and, if not be in a hurry, it’s best to wait until the update is notified on our device. For now, the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 and have their fill of Lollipop but hopefully in a few days also reach other terminals as the Nexus 4.
Direct links to the factory images: