Install Android 2.3.6 on Defy Plus and Root BL7 (SndInitDefy_2.3 APK) .To install SndInitDefy_3.0, you must first activate the 3G data connection or WiFi on running the APK, select Install SndlnitDefy and select the stable version Sndlnit and not for CM, after a few minutes the program will ask you 2 times that give root permissions and agree, in the end the terminal LED stays green and with that you have successfully installed the application and restart your terminal.With these preliminary steps and you can enter recovery mode and install any app, firmware or rom that require root access.
If you have a Defy Plus (MB526) and want to update the firmware on your smartphone, we bring you a good tutorial for an update and have access Root Android 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 to the more stable version of Gingerbread, Android 2.3. 6.
The new Motorola DEFY + reinforced like its predecessor is resistant to water, dust, shock, etc, thanks to Gorilla Glass display and IP67 certification, comes with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread installed manufactures and operators in the region or Motorola Mobility have offered support to upgrade to Android 2.3.6, the most stable version of Gingerbread, ICS 4.0.4 niAndroid.
Android 2.3.6 brings many improvements in overall performance and security for all supported devices, and after trying several firmwares and custom roms for the Defy + 2.3.6 finally decided to install and root the firmware based de2.3.6 BL7 kernel (4.5.1-134_DFP-231), the last released by Motorolaen Asia for the Defy + in January this year and is 100% compatible with operators in Latin America and Europe and comes with MotoBlur interface.
This tutorial is only compatible with the Motorola Defy + (MB526).
You do not need root access on your Defy +, and you’re going to flash firmware from scratch and optional root access after installing this firmware.
You can go directly from 2.3.4 – 2.3.5 to 2.3.6, but before do not forget to make a backup of your personal data, apps, contacts, etc, so that after the restore it on the new firmware.
For contacts and messages is sufficient sync your google or gmail account to automatically restored when you have the new firmware.
It is advisable to copy the entire contents of the microSD card to your PC, especially the pictures, videos, mp3, etc, as to make it a clean installation of the new firmware will format the microSD.
Tools Needed (creates all the files you downloaded a folder and copy):
- Download the following file Motorola.rar
- Unzip the folder and install the program RSDLite5.6.msi
- Depending on the version of Windows you have installed Motorola drivers on your computer:
- 32 Bits: Motorola_End_User_
- 64 Bits: Motorola_End_User_
4. Firmware (unzip with 7-Zip you must be the same name but with the extension Sbf):
CN_SIGN_ UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_ PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P015_ A030_Service1FF.sbf.gz
5. Firmware to root:
- Download files and read the tutorial:
- Download the firmware to root the kernel 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 | fir
mware.sbf (Google Drive).
Root Motorola Defy+ BL7 (4.5.1-134_DFP-231):
1. Once the respective backup all your personal data, do a factory reset from settings made Restore factory settings, do not forget to mark delete the contents of the microSD card box.
2. When the phone reboots turn it off, start the RSDLite program and will put into bootloader mode to Defy +.
Press the Volume + button and immediately press the power button for about 10 seconds until a blank screen appears, release the buttons.
You appear some data with the name of the version of the bootloader, etc, connect your smartphone via USB to PC and RSDLite will recognize the terminal if you installed the drivers.
3. With RSDLite seeks the firmware you downloaded and unzipped:DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_CN_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P015_A030_Service1FF.sbf
Click to Star and wait a few 5-10 minutes to flash the new firmware RSDLite.
Once finished installing the firmware 4.5.1-134_DFP-231, remove the USB cable from your phone, close RSDLite and enter to Settings – Privacy and without formatting the microSD do a factory reset.
RSDLite running, turn off the phone and put back into bootloader mode terminal, then put the USB cable to the phone and from the second archivofirmware.sbf looking RSDLite and click Star.
Wait about 5-10 minutes and have installed Android 2.3.6 (4.5.1-134_DFP-231) with its own root access, you can restore your backup, music, photos, mp3, etc to the microSD card.
To call and 3G signal only installs the application | BasebandSwitcherV4.1.apk,
and choose your carrier (For Argentina, the Personnel should choose Claro Argentina), then edit the APN with all data from your carrier.
To enter recovery mode just have to install SndInitDefy_2.3 app.
From Settings – Active Applications Install Apps from unknown sources box and enable USB debugging checkbox development, download, copy the apk to the microSD card and installs | SndInitDefy_2.3 APK.
To install SndInitDefy_3.0, you must have a data connection on 3G or WiFi run the APK, select Install SndlnitDefy and select the stable version of Sndlnit and not for CM, activated after a few minutes the program will ask you 2 times des root permissions and agree, in the end the terminal LED indicator remains green and with that have successfully installed the application and restart your terminal.
With these preliminary steps you can now enter the recovery mode and install any app, firmware or rom that require root access.
How to customize the new firmware:
1. If you want HD video recording at 720p in .mp4 and photos in landscape mode:
Download the following files and copy them to the root folder of your microSD:
Restart or Shut down your Defy +, when you begin to turn and just the Motorola logo appears and you see the LED notification put blue must press the Volume Down key or Volume – (volume down) to enter the main menu.
Navigate the Volume keys + and – to accept an option must press the power button or Power.
- Select “Recovery”
- Choose “Custom Recovery”
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard
- Search the 720p-panorama-defy-plus.zip file and accepted.
- Repeat the same steps 1 to 4 and seeks MP4VideoUpdate.zip file and accepted.
- Reboot your phone and the video recording in HD at 720p in .mp4 and photos in landscape mode.
2. Want Toggles notification menu (reboot, wifi, 3g, etc), just install the free application| Power Toggles.
The best rom for this firmware is | PVL-StockPlus (4.5.1-134_DFP-231) that comes with HD recording at 720p .mp4 format and panoramic pictures and many more features, 100% recommended if you want to have the firmware base stock.