1) Checks your *real* firmware version using your kernel version (this avoids using the reported firmware version which might be &
quot;faked"). Only installs if you are really running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3
2) Checks your baseband version – only installs if 05.11.07
3) Properly backs up and restores your configuration if uninstalled
If it was too hard for you to patch blacksn0w manually, you can use blacksn0w RC2 to do the job for you! Simply follow the simple step by step guide below to unlock your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband using blacksn0w RC2. iPhone 2G users should follow the guide posted here.
NOTE: This is an unofficial release by PushFix.info, not geohot.
How to: Jailbreak iPhone on 3.1.3:
Step 1: Follow the guide posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 3G or 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 on iPhone firmware 3.1.3.
How to: Unlock iPhone 3G/3GS 05.11.07 Baseband on 3.1.3:
Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone running jailbroken firmware 3.1.3 by using blacksn0w RC2 from Cydia. To do this:
Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.
Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.
Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://cydia.pushfix.info” and touch on “Add Source”.
Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for “blacksn0w RC2” in Cydia and install this applicationapplica This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone. Voila! You are now running a fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband.
Get your ihelplounge t-shirt here