The iPhone Dev Group has a reasonably minor replace to the ultrasn0w free up, permitting customers to free up all that might now be on iOS 5 . So Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 supports only the base band (modemfirmwares) who also previously had to unlock. This group is for users is that they should update their iPhone to iOS 5 while preserving their current baseband version.
Ultrasn0w can be used to the iPhone (and 3G) 3GS with baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and 06.15.00 to unlock and is also only suitable for the iPhone 4 with baseband 01.59.00 unlock (normally associated with IOS 4.0 t / m 4.0.2). You can check the version of your baseband check the menu settings to go, followed by General and Information .The baseband version can be found behind Modem Firmware . Updating to iOS 5 while preserving your baseband is possible with Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 (Mac OS X) and Sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 (Windows) or higher. You can then unlock the baseband using ultrasn0w run on versions compatible with the following steps be taken:
1. Launch Cydia by selecting the icon.
2. If you are prompted to perform a full upgrade.
3. Go to Manage followed by sources and check whether there exists ultrasn0w repository and add it if not through steps 4 and 5 apply. Otherwise, continue with step 6.
4. Choose top left to change right and top to add .
5. Add the repository repo666.ultrasn0w.com increasing.
6. Choose the bottom for search and search for ultrasn0w .
Select ultrasn0w and choose Install and Confirm .
7. Restart your iPhone after installation by both the Home – and power button down until it ingedukt off, and then the Power button to turn it back on.
Note: iPhone 3GS users with the iPhone baseband (15.06.00) must select Disable Location Services when installing iOS 5 . You can use this option at a later time during the installation still on, when asked if you Find My iPhone to use. After installation, enable the menu settings remains possible.
If you use a hardware Gevey unlock baseband on newer versions, you can also use iOS 5 if you are updating your baseband while maintaining the mentioned in this article jailbreak tools or simply jailbreak using the methods given in Step 1 and follow the regular procedure for unlocking, which includes dialing the emergency ‘112’ number from your iPhone 4 and turning Airplane mode on or off till you get a cellular signal.