Apple released the first beta of iOS 14.2. In this article, we discover all the news features of the new operating system.
At the moment iOS 14.2 Beta 1 is only available for developers. The update is compatible with all devices that may have iOS 13 and iOS 14.
What’s New in iOS 14.2 Beta 1
- The most important news is the integration of Shazam into the Control Center. With a simple tap, you can easily identify songs without even installing the Shazam app.
- The Control Center in iOS 14.2 also offers revamped new media controls, with content suggestions when no song is playing. If you are listening to a podcast, at the end of the episode you will see more suggestions directly in the Control Center and you can play them directly from that screen.
- The new interface makes it easier to see and control all AirPlay compatible speakers and TVs.
- When you now click on the AirPlay button within an app like Apple Music, the menu is shown as a popover instead of filling the entire screen.
- New “People Detection” option in Magnifier, the accessibility tool in Control Center that uses the device’s camera to help people with low vision. Once this new option is enabled, the Magnifier app uses augmented reality to show the distance between you and other people. Also useful for calculating the safe distance from other people in times of COVID-19.
- The Watch app icon has been slightly updated and now shows the new Solo Loop strap.
iOS 14.2 should arrive for all users in several weeks, as we are only in the first beta.