Microsoft has unveiled a few hours ago the launch of Windows 10, you big bet to maintain control of the desktop and continue gaining ground in mobility, scheduled for next summer. It has also provided technical details on minimum hardware requirements will the new Windows, confirming the great work done by optimization engineers Redmond. In this presentation PowerPoint have all the technical details.
- Intel or AMD processors, including the SoC planned for the coming months.
- 7-inch screen (professional) and 8-inch. Minimum 800 x 600 pixels.
- 2.3.1 firware UEFI Secure boot.
- 2 GB of RAM for 64-bit. 1 Gbyte of RAM for 32-bit.
- 20 GB of storage for 64 bits. 16 Gbytes for 32 bits.
- GPU with support for DirectX 9.
- Power buttons and volume control for tablets. Optional Start button and spin control.
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Intel and Qualcomm, including SoC planned for the coming months.
- 3-inch screen and up to 7.99 inches.
- From 800 x 480 pixels to 2,560 x 2,048 pixels.
- 512 MB RAM (32-bit).
- 4 GB minimum storage (must have SD slot for updates)
- Power buttons and volume. Also WVGA screens Home, back and search.
As you can see, rather than correct some requirements and ensuring that can run Windows 10 in virtually any current computer. Mobile phones and tablets policy remains low requirements, which is essential for not raising the hardware and can attack with guarantees the input range and midrange keys to increasing the market share of the company. The list of requirements indicates that the system does not require a very powerful computer, so Microsoft is secured thereby reaching the greatest number of devices, which would help regain market share in both smartphone, tablets and computer systems.